HL2DM Car shoving time attack
A picture of the cars on the roof.
The aim of this time attack project is to get either one of the cars in dm_overwatch to the third floor in the least possible time. Rules are as follows:
- Each time attack must be recorded into a demo. To record a demo named carroof1.dem type "record carroof1" in the console. It can also be bound to a key by typing "bind (key) "record carroof1"" in the console. The recording can be stopped with the console command "stop". Recorded demo can be played with "playdemo carroof1".
- The time = the duration of the demo.
- The car must be on its wheels at the end of the demo.
- There must be only one player in the server.
- The time attack can be started from any point of the map, but all the objects in the map have to be exactly in their initial positions.
- The player must have exactly 100 hp in the beginning of the demo.
- All server variables have to be set to their default values. That means no cheating.
Best performances so far:
- 61.7 seconds by Laurentus
- 63.9 seconds by Hectigo
Demo of the current record by Laurentus: carroof_laurentus617.zip. One should note that this isn't the only way to get the car to the roof - creativity isn't forbidden. It is probably one of the fastest, though. The green car might be easier to get to the roof, so that should be tried out too.
If you feel you're up to it and want to participate, you can submit a zipped .dem file of your performance to admin at hectigo dot net. Other comments can also be sent to admin at hectigo dot net.
Back to main HL2 page